Forums

HTTP status code: 412

1. When I try to login, I get the following error:

HTTP status code: 412 was returned. Precondition Failed

2. Thanks a lot :)

3. Hi there,

I had the same problem. I'm such an amateur though that I thought the .htaccess was something that was supposed to be in my WordPress files. For anyone else who might be confused, it's a file that's already in the root of your subdomain on your hosting server.

The folks at my host, ICDSOFT / SureServer (I never really understand which) fixed mine in a more specific way than aboveā€”and within an hour of my emailing them. Here's how they explained it:

Hello,

The "Precondition Failed" error is due to a rule in our server web application firewall (mod_security). To allow access to xmlrpc.php, you can add the following lines to the .htaccess file, located in the root folder of your subdomain (MY DOMAIN NAME WAS HERE):

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterRemove 114
    </IfModule>

The above lines disable only the mod_security rule which filters requests to xmlrpc.php. This way, access to xmlrpc.php will be allowed.

note: We have actually implemented this change for you. Please test the application again and let us know if we could be of any additional assistance to you. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Support

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic