I've got a self hosted wordpress account. Unfortunately my host blocks xmlrpc.php for security reasons, so the app is being blocked on my android phone.
I contacted the host about this (The ability to mobile blog being the reason that I installed Wordpress in the first place. I was just using MySQL and PhP before that). They said that if I really wanted xmlrpc access, then I would need to rename the xmlrpc file to something else (done) and then redirect the app and then reference this script in my posting service.
You can try typing the full path to the renamed xmlrpc file in the URL field during setup.
I have the same problem, but fill in the full path of the renamed doesn´t work i get the same 403 error like on the original file.
If i test it with BlogDesk i get the 403 on the original and no error on the renamed file. In Blogdesk is a separate field for renamed xmlrpc files.
in the .htacess fix the Problem with the blocked xmlrpc.php
This topic has been closed to new replies.